Pin it

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Texture Revolution event in Addison, TX

On August 25th I attended the Texture revolution hosted by Naturally Divine Beauty, a beauty supply shop in the Dallas area. I learned several things at this event but the main benefit was simply being around all of those other naturals.
Some key points: 1)My hair is dry!- this is to be expected of my hair type and texture
                            2)Coconut oil can be left in the hair overnight for maximum                             absorption of the water during your shampoo
                             3)I have low porosity, meaning my hair does not accept moisture in very well at all
                             4) I still don't know what hair type I have but I know that I have dry, curly, not kinky, low porosity, dense, medium not coarse hair

Of course I was told things that have already been countered since my friend attended a similar conference but I still feel that this was a worthwhile event. I of course purchased several things at the event: Moptop shampoo, a natural girl T-shirt, a twist/dread jewel,  hair tie that I will use to spice up my poufs, and two adjustable head bands. Below are some pictures from the event.
 My new fav shirt!

 See the pretty bejeweled hair tie?!?














My major take away from this event is that I should love my hair as is as it won't get any better than it is when soaking wet. So I am learning to love everything about my hair!

2 comments:

  1. Can I just say... I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ma'am. And can I just say I think you should wear your twists and twist outs with pride!?

      Delete