Pin it

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Styling Bantu Knot-out with video

I have done Bantu knots once before with little success. I did this during my transitioning period. When I received my Entwine Couture audition kit it included a styling guide for a Bantu knot out so I decided to give it a try. This style required dry hair so the night before I washed my hair after having had small twists in for two weeks and used for banded sections to stretch and dry my hair.In the morning as I took out the bands I finished drying areas that needed it with my blow dryer. I styled my hair as per usual that day and completed the knots before I went to sleep last night. So to create the look I used the Entwine Butter Creme moisturizer, the Creme de la mold and Argon Oil to lock it all in. See the beginning process below.


Below is the video of the take down process. I took out all of the Bobbie Pins then added the Argon oil to my hands and unrolled the knots.
So once again, I don't think that Bantu knots are for me. I ended up as you can see making a sad pouf and wasting quite a while doing the knots. Oh well live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment