Pin it

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Braidout versus twistout

So now that I am a braid- out expert, having done it two-three times now I can evaulate their difference from twist outs. In general I like the look of braid-outs more than the look of twist outs. Also since the braid keeps the hair together better it is easier to do fewer braids and get a similar look. Twist outs usually require more work for a look that I like. I also like the way a braid allows you to keep more of your length. When I twist I often find that the length of my hair quickly disappears before I can do anything to prevent it. I have taken to banding my twists to prevent this. I have found that a braid out needs to remain in for less time to affect the hair pattern. Whereas I cannot do twists and then remove the same day for a nice affect.
A small twist out can remain well defined for two days or more, depending on your luck. Whereas a braid out only maintains shape for one day. Twist outs had been my favorite but now that I have done braid outs that may have changed. I may plan my braid outs and only do small twists for twist outs. I will no longer do the chunky twists for twist outs.
I'm so glad I finally tried the braids!

No comments:

Post a Comment