Pin it

Monday, January 19, 2015

Oil Mixture

One of the biggest adjustments for me going natural was accepting oil into my hair care regimen.


I was accustomed to using grease for many years and had considered that oil because besides the petroleum there is oil in grease as well. So when I heard of people putting oil in their hair I was opposed for a while as many of the vloggers I was following warned of the hazards of petroleum in your hair. I soon educated myself more and now swear by using natural oils for many reasons.

One of my favorite ways to use oil is my oil rinse. I have a concoction of natural oils that I have in an applicator bottle that I apply in the shower after pre-pooing, washing, conditioning, and rinsing my hair. After the mixture is in I rinse it with water (since water won't rinse away all of the oil) then seal with aloe vera juice (as long as I am not out).

Below see the oils I use
Jamaican Black Castor oil, Olive Oil, Avocado Oil, Vitamin E, Almond Oil, Jojoba oil, and Lavender oil.
 
All of the oils, with the exception of the lavender oil, are carrier oils. The lavender is an essential oil which should always be diluted to avoid a negative reaction. I add the lavender to add scent and for aroma therapy. This lovely mixture is also great for your body and I will often apply it after a shower as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment