Pin it

Monday, March 10, 2014

My wig adventures

I have always been anti-fake hair....mostly because I fear someone would call me out if I wore hair not completely mine. Also because I like a more natural look, this comes from a time in my life when I wore contacts and make up all the time. I found myself unhappy with myself without these things and struggled to see the beauty in the mirror. I found myself wishing I had the attributes I did when I was "made up". I decided then to get more comfortable with me as is and that has stuck ever since high school.

This issue I face now is that straight hair is not an option for me because I workout too often, as a natural girl the result is no longer straight hair. It is also not an option for me to color my hair, its not in line with my natural, healthy hair care policy. My hair resists color until it is too weak to resist and what is left is beautiful color (not the one I wanted) and hair that breaks and splits until the color is gone. Since the base color of my hair is red when I try or a stylist tries for a blond or light brown I always end up with red.

For all of these reasons I decided to find a wig, to change up my look and not have to damage my hair with heat frequently. Check out the wigs I tried and the ones that I stuck with.



The funny things is after I picked the winning wig, I went to get it trimmed some. I walked into one salon and the stylist asked "you don't have extensions do you?" to which I replied "I have a wig." Her response was "We don't cut wigs here." So It may be a while before I have the courage to wear this lovely thing out and about.
 
~Love~

No comments:

Post a Comment