Pin it

Friday, November 16, 2012

DIY hair products

For some reason I had been rather resistant to making my own products. Possibly due to time constraints, the risk of wasting money for now good reason, and just being resistant to change.
So a few weeks ago my bestie was down and I met her at her friends home. They were planning to make products and do hair that day. My plans were different for the evening but I watched the how to video with them that night and found myself on the hunt for the products needed to make my own leave in. This sparked a desire to also make my own moisturizer. I have been needing a good moisturizer for a while and have not found a product that meets my needs in the stores.
So I am now a convert....I have made two sets of my leave in and one of the moisturizer that I have not yet had to remake. I LOVE the moisturizer (Shea butter, coconut oil, grape seed oil, honey, and olive oil)  and I like the leave in (your favorite commercially made leave in conditioner, Aloe Vera juice, Castor oil, and jojoba oil). The added bonus? you buy the products once and can make the products yourself many times.
The benefits of the moisturizer: my hair feels soft all week and has shine to it, but it is not so oily that I have gross hands if I touch my hair. I have also been able to use a very minimal amount and receive a great benefit. So DIY is the way for me. Next task a shampoo I can live with......

No comments:

Post a Comment