Pin it

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Bad hair day

Have you experienced those days that you just hate your hair. Not that it is doing anything out of the ordinary just that all you can think to do with it you are tired of doing? Well I had one of those days this week. I looked up some ideas for what else I could do, which only ended up making it worse. I go to try a hair style that a woman with similar length hair did and it just wouldn't work. Sometimes I feel that no one else has hair as thick and shrinkage prone as mine. I know of course this is not true but get frustrated when I can't find tutorials posted by these like-haired people.
I decided not to wallow in this feeling too long however and just amended the style and felt cute again. I decided that since I don't always feel like spending hours on the weekend doing twists that will last all week; there is no reason I can't do chunky twists that I cover with a cute scarf and then enjoy a weekend of twisted out styling.
Having natural hair requires constant commitment and self pep talking to remain feeling positive about how you look. At least it does for me. It is also great to have natural friends who randomly text me photos of their hair and comment when I try something new that I am not yet confident about.

No comments:

Post a Comment