Pin it

Monday, February 25, 2013

Update

So last week I took down my braids, it was almost exactly a month that I kept them in. I was very surprised I was able to last that long and had no hair loss as a result. After I took the braids down I left the hair untouched for a day and then the night before I washed it I did a coconut oil pre-poo. I then washed with my Kinky Curly clarifying shampoo to get all the product and dirt out of my hair. I did my normal in shower conditioner and then a deep condition after trimming my ends. My first attempt back at twisting was not all that successful, it takes a while to get back into the swing of things, but the resulting twist out was beautiful. So this week, yesterday to be exact, I did much smaller controlled twists using Aloe Vera gel and stretched them out with several banded sections.

As for that new hair resolution, I have not done too well. I needed new products to care for my braids, then my existing shampoo is running low so I decided to shop for a new shampoo now, then I wanted to see what the fuss was about with Aloe Vera gel. To wrap it up I am a failure at not buying new hair products :). Oh well Aloe Vera gel was worth it and I will tell you if bar shampoo is worth it after a few more washes.

Twistingly yours.....

No comments:

Post a Comment